2018 Robot “Rōnin”
Size 28″ W x 32″ L x 53″ H
Weight 120 lbs
Our 2018 robot, Rōnin, led our team to success at the Sacramento and Silicon Valley Regional. With a swift intake system and efficient cascading elevator, Team 3482 advanced to quarterfinals for both competitions.
- Quick Drive Train – Ratio of 10.71:1
- Proficient Cube Intake – Picks up cubes with reliable pneumatic arms
- Three-Stage Cascading Elevator – Adeptly delivers cubes, taking 1.8 seconds to extend to full height
- Hook Climber – Sturdy climber with 5 second climbing time
2017 Robot “Chronos”
Size 30″ W x 32″ L x 36″ H
Weight 120 lbs
Chronos, strong, powerful, and record-breaking, our 2017 robot led us to rank 9th at SVR to becoming the 8th Alliance Team Captains therefore leading us to quarterfinals at one of the most challenging regionals in the world.
- Efficient Ball Intake – Filled up the ball hopper at the rate of approximately 6 balls per second
- Clean Electronics Board – Added fashionable, yet protective side plates making electronics easy to access
- Reliable Gear Manipulator – Our speedy and accurate gear mechanism allowed us to net EZ points
- Robust Climber – Sturdy climber that was game changing with its 6 second climbing time
2016 Robot “Ares”
Size 32.25″ W x 27.25″ L x 14.91″ H
Weight 94.3 lbs
Our 2016 robot was the most advanced one we had ever made, winning us 1st place in defense points at the annual Central Valley Regional competition. Packing all peccary mechanical parts within a miniaturized chassis, we can navigate through all of the obstacles and reach the objective swiftly.
- Compact Chassis – lots of functionality in a little box to navigate all nine obstacles quickly and efficiently
- Advanced Intake – consistent dependability on capturing the ball and taking it to the objective
- Reliability – fully functional climber, intake, and navigation allow for unparalleled accuracy
- Robust Design – the chassis is not only compact but made to take a beating in case any obstacle proves to be challenging
2015 Robot “Atlas”
Size 28″ W x 42″ L x 72″ H
Weight 119.8 lbs
Our robot is designed to stack totes efficiently, and help to support our alliance by building totes on other platforms. Ultimately, it is made to be stable and quick to quickly build and stack totes to keep moving on the competition.
- Mecanum wheels – allows multi-directional movement without shifting the robot
- Max dimensions- allows the greatest amount of totes to be stacked and stored
- Nimble movements – basic design allows for precise and accurate movement
- Great stacking ability – Can stack up to eight totes high
2014 Robot “Hephaestus”
Size 23″ W x 32″ L x 35″ H
Weight 95.6 lbs
Our team completely overhauled Hephaestus, since the 2014 season, rebuilding the intake the shooter and controls to maximize range, power, speed, and control of our tough robot. Hephaestus is now in the role of our main demonstration robot, retired from action but still shows the tech industry what high school students are capable of doing.
- Pneumatic shooter- accurate, powerful, and compact. 100% accurate at MadTown Competition.
- Rolling intake – allows for a quick pickup system
- Durable/reliable – Aluminum and steel body allows for great strength and durability.